Friday, April 27, 2007

Inexcusable behaviour.

I like Silverchair. Apparently this is a bit of a faux pas these days, but I'm ok with this. As far as Australian pop acts go, their ability to consistently reinvent themselves with each new release is more than admirable. Sure, their videos aren't all that great and Daniel Johns has conducted some interesting experiments in facial hair over the years, but I've still been willing to stick by them. Their current incarnation though, in support of their new album Young Modern has led them to some very bizzare territory. Having Peter Garrett recommend their song Straight Lines as being helpful to Australia's water crisis (perhaps a slight nod to John's campaigning for Garrett's political future) I can accept, but can someone tell me why the hell Daniel Johns is being interviewed by Richard Wilkins?

No comments: