Friday, April 06, 2007

The words "Completely," "Freaking" and "Amazing" are something like what I'm after.

Rage have a competition running where you can program a playlist of 20 videos. Wow. Ten kinds of wow even. The fierce competitor within me is quite upset that I'm posting this; as if I had control of some incredible secret that could change the world, as long as I don't tell anyone else about it. But this is too important to keep to myself... plus I'm sure you would find out anyway.

Do me a favour though. If you win, please program "Babe, I'm On Fire" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds; making sure that's it's the full 15 minute version, as opposed to the 3 minute single edit. That thing needs to be seen by as many people as humanly possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably not the right one, I don't know my Nick Cave very well. But the video which is basically a party for Nick's celebrity friends, and a mashed Jason Donovan is in charge of the smoke machine? That's a fun video.

Daniel Green said...

That's the video for "Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow." It's great isn't it? It's one of those things that's totally mundane, but is quite unsettling for that reason. Then there's the bit in the middle where dance something akin to the time warp... what's with that?

And whilst Jason Donovan is indeed present at the party (along with our good friend Jarvis Cocker), you'll find it's Noah Taylor in charge of the smoke machine. Unless they do it in shifts, I may have missed that.