Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Daniel used to live in Sydney but now he lives in London: 21st September 2016


Being from Australia, I know that hurling stones at other countries' tabloid newspapers is not exactly a fair sport. However there's something distinctly English about seeing the headlines of every newspaper dominated by the divorce of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. 

I've spent most of my first 24 hours in the UK staring at my laptop and getting my head around things. All the while this photo, with its unfortunately placed crease, stared back at me. For what it's worth, also today Tony Blair decided he should be involved in less scrupulous business interests, and the Labor Party decided its members should adhere to stronger social media standards so that they can stop being so damned mean.

For those playing at home, the bakery that supplied the chocolate croissant does a pretty solid flat white. The croissant itself was also pretty tasty, and I can see many more of these in my future. Good news for blood sugar levels.

Still, it's sad for Angelina and Brad, isn't it?

No comments: